New Service: Pregnancy Support Visit
Federation Clinic now offers a Pregnancy Support Visit with Sue, our Nurse Practitioner. This visit is recommended when you are approximately 32 weeks pregnant. During this visit, Sue will provide support & information relevant to your pregnancy and the care of you and your baby after delivery. This is a 30min consultation that will be bulk-billed to Medicare.
Topics covered during this consultation include:
- When and where to get help
- Feeding your baby
- Care of mum after delivery
- Bladder health
- Unsettled babies and settling techniques
- Any other questions or concerns you may have
To book your Pregnancy Support Visit, please speak to our reception staff to make an appointment with Sue.
New Payment and Claiming Options
Following a recent update of our EFTPOS devices, reception now offers Paywave and PayPass for those with an eligible Visa or Mastercard.
We also offer a number of methods for patients to claim their Medicare rebate:
- After payment of the consultation has been made, you can swipe your savings or cheque account EFTPOS card to receive your Medicare rebate into that account instantly. This is the quickest and easiest way to receive your rebate. Unfortunately, the Medicare rebate cannot be made into a credit account.
- If you have a bank account linked to Medicare (you can do this at any Centrelink/Medicare office or by logging into your “my.gov” account online and adding these details), we can submit your rebate claim via our software. Medicare will then pay your rebate back into your nominated bank account, usually within 48 hours.
- You can take your receipt into any Centrelink/Medicare office to have your rebate processed.
If you have any questions about the various payment or claiming options, please speak to our reception team.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
In an emergency please call '000'.
Every effort is made to keep appointments running to time, however, due to the unpredictable nature of our work this is not always possible. Patients are encouraged to contact us prior to an appointment to check that the schedule is running to time.
Please give thought to the amount of time your appointment may require. If there are multiple or complex issues that need discussion, please let reception know when booking your appointment so that sufficient time can be allocated with the doctor.